Are you looking to cure joint disorders or need someone who can help with surgical and fracture problems! But it’s pretty much possible for anyone that they will get confused between exactly what they need. An Rheumatologist physician or a Orthopaedics Treatment in Hisar.
Don’t worry, it’s human nature that they tend to forget names. Keeping that in mind, we are going to discuss what is the difference between an Orthopaedics physician and a Rheumatologist. However, no doubt they both focus on joints, muscles, and bones.
A Rheumatologist doctor has specializations in joints disorders. And at the same time, an Orthopaedics doctor focuses on surgical treatments & repairing fractures. For the best care of patients and while keeping the treatment in mind, Orthopaedics hospital in Hisar provides the best treatment practices for Orthopaedics and Rheumatology services under one roof.
Let’s dig deeper into this topic, so you can better determine whether to meet an Orthopaedics or a Rheumatologist.
Difference between an Orthopaedics and a Rheumatologist
It’s pretty obvious that anyone with unbearable joint pain is in a state of mind that makes it hard to choose between the two. Yes, it’s true not only in a city like Hisar but also in India.
The majority of patients don’t know whether they should book an appointment with an Orthopaedics or a Rheumatologist. Here patients need to understand the basic difference between an orthopedic and a Rheumatologist.
However, both orthopedic and Rheumatologist have professional training in treating the musculoskeletal system. Both the doctors use non-surgical treatments such as medicines and physical therapy. In some cases, an orthopedic uses surgical treatments such as joint repair, fusion, soft tissue repair, and arthroscopy.
Despite compulsory residency training, rheumatologists need to undergo a three-year program, but an orthopedic needs to complete a 5-year program. After completing these programs, rheumatologists need to join a fellowship for 2 to 3 years, while orthopedic doctors need a fellowship for 1 to 2 years. But, both the doctors need to obtain a license to start their practice.
Let us check the areas of services offered by both orthopedics and Rheumatologist.
Rheumatologists are trained in lupus, gout, chronic back pain, rheumatoid arthritis, tendinitis, and osteoarthritis. They can have their clinic or can get attached to a hospital. Many times Many Rheumatologists carry on research on rheumatic diseases. The job responsibilities of Rheumatologists includes-
- Compilation of the medical history of a patient
- They carry on necessary physical examination of a patient.
- They are eligible to order and evaluate laboratory and radiographic tests.
- They are responsible for designing the treatment plan for the patients.
- Expert Rheumatologists advise patients on their lifestyle and medications.
Hence a patient can pay a visit to Rheumatologists in the following situations.
- Patients are suffering pain in variant joints.
- If you are suffering from a new joint pain that is not associated with an injury.
- Many are agonized with pain with morning stiffness.
- Sometimes, individuals suffer joint pain with a tick bite.
- People suffer joint pain along with back pain.
- If a patient suffers from muscular pain without any symptoms, needs to talk to Rheumatologists.
- Patients above age 50 often suffer from new headaches and muscle aches.
- People suffer from on-going fever and sweats along with weight loss.
Need to visit an Orthopedic
Orthopedic specialists are also known as orthopedic doctors and or surgeons. They are specialists in treating problems with the musculoskeletal system. Orthopedic doctors mainly aim to treat the issues relating to bones, joints, ligaments, nerves, and tendons.
- Individuals are suffering from joint pain after an injury.
- If you are suffering from severe joint pain that limits your daily activities.
- If you are suffering from arthritis from moderate to advanced level.
- Developing severe hip or knee pain and it is getting worsen.
- You have gone through treatment, but it was unsuccessful.
- If your doctor has recommended a joint replacement.
Hence, whenever your pain relating to joints or bones persists longer than before, a Rheumatologist will advise you to get your problem once checked with an orthopedic specialist. An Orthopedic can only decide on whether the patient needs surgery or not. A Rheumatologist can only check the joint disorder and can treat the problem medically.
As a result, once you understand the basic differences between the services offered by Rheumatologists and Orthopedic, it will be better for you to get the best suggestion.
Dr. Amit Saini is amongst the best known knee, and Joint replacement surgeon in Hisar,Haryana and Head of Joint Replacement Surgery at Sapra Multispeciality Hospital in Hisar. With close to 3 years of experience under his belt, he has received several Certificates for his expertise in knee replacement and joint replacement surgery.